Here is some advice for you….
- – Be with caring people. Spend time with family, friends, neighbours, or members of a self-help group, who have been through the experience of loss and grief.
- – Take enough time. Everyone reacts differently to a loss.
- – Listen and express your feelings : crying, talking, being sad or angry.. every emotion counts!
- – Reach out for help: let people know when you need them. Mostly others stay away thinking not to invade your privacy.
- – Take care of your health. If you feel any physical change or stress or illness, you best contact your doctor.
- – Try accepting a changed life. Recognize that you may be less attentive to your work, that you need more rest.. all this is inherent to grief.
- – Offer support to other family members, certainly the children. Be honest about what has happened and try to show your feelings and talk about it with them.
- – Don’t make big changes in life. Consider waiting a while making big decisions such as moving , remarrying,…